Septeto Nacional de Cuba Ignacio Piñeiro Workshop
“La Habana tiene su Son”
Monday, January 18, 7pm
This workshop discusses the 88-year artistic history and musical career of the iconic Septeto Nacional and its founder Ignacio Piñeiro Martinez (May 21, 1888 - March 12 1969). Ignacio Piñeiro and his Septeto Nacional reflect a single line that leads the participant to the story of these protagonists. Members of the group will present a live performance with the elements explained. Participants can ask questions to the moderator and the participating musicians.
In the artistic-musical, creative career of Ignacio Piñeiro and the Septeto Nacional, you can find:
- The true origin of the Sexteto Nacional in its predecessor Sexteto Habana Sport and their 88-year
- His true paternal ancestry, of Asturian origin.
- His affiliation with the Secret Society Abakuá in the Efori Abakuá Enkomó potency.
- His contributions to the structuring of the Rumba (Guaguancó and Yambú) and Son Habanero.
- His creative capacity as Decimista, of Chorals of Clave and Clave Ñañiga as a musical genre.
- The true circumstances that inspired musical works such as: Los cuatro Palomas; Asturias, Patria Querida; Suavecito, Dichosa Habana and other musical works.