Youth Program Assistant
MAPA@Brava is seeking a Youth Program Assistant for the 2018/19 school year.
The Youth Program Assistant supports the Education Director in implementing daily operational tasks and supports the Teaching Artists with class management. Hours are Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 4:00pm to 7:00pm, plus scheduled rehearsals, tech week, and weekend performances. Through this position, the Youth Program Assistant will learn the inner workings of an after-school program that serves youth ages 13 – 18. MAPA@Brava is dedicated to cultivating the artistic expression of women, LGBTQIA, people of color, youth, and other underrepresented voices.
- Assists with class management during program hours
- Sets up the classroom for class according to the scheduled activity
- Maintains the student attendance roster
- Assists the Education Director in conducting daily operational responsibilities
- Must have an interest in performing arts and technical theater design
- Excellent oral and written communication
- A self-starter that readily demonstrates initiative
- Interest in a 2-3 year commitment with potential for growth
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds.
Hours of Employment
The position requires availability on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 4 - 7pm, plus additional hours for rehearsals.
The pay is $15 per hour for approximately 6 hours of work per week.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should email their cover letter and resume to Education Director Melvign Badiola at email@example.com.